Exciting opportunity for a Champion
We are excited to announce that to celebrate our 10th year, we have partnered with the British Exploring Society, to offer one of our Champions a fantastic opportunity to go on a three week expedition to Canada this July!
Applications are open to Champions aged between 16 and 24.
The Champion will:
- Trek and climb through the forest, mountains, and valleys of the Yukon, one of the largest wildernesses in North America
- Wild camp under the midnight sun and if you are lucky see the northern lights!
- Learn about the geological history and biodiversity in the Yukon, as well as seeing the eerie remnants of the Klondike Gold Rush which have been reclaimed by nature.
The trip costs £3800, however, the Starr Trust will pay the first £3000, and the British Exploring Society will pay £200, which means that the Champion will need to fundraise the remaining £600, and be able to get to and from the training in April and the airport in July.
To apply, Champions are asked to tell us:
- Why you should be considered for the opportunity
- What you will gain from the experience
- How you will share your story after the expedition
You can do this by writing an essay of no more than 500 words, making a video or song - whatever best explains why you want to go.
Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 8th February 2018
Click the links below for more information:
Information Pack (PDF)
Fundraising Pack (PDF)
You don’t have much time to apply – we need your applications by the 8th February, so if this is for you GO FOR IT!
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.