There are lots of ways you can fundraise for us. Fundraising doesn’t have to be hard work—it can and should be fun! It isn’t about how much you raise, but that you have taken the time and effort to get involved and that’s what counts! As well as raising money, by sharing the Starr Trust’s name, you are doing a tremendous job for us!
Here are some tips to help you help us champion young people!
- Once you have decided on a fundraising challenge you will need to ask friends and family to sponsor you. Keep a sponsor form on you for those opportunities when you bump into friends who ask what you are up to lately!
- Tell your friends and families that you are raising money and get them involved. From cheering you on at challenges to helping bake cakes for a fundraising tea party, let them support you!
- The easiest way to collect money is to set up an online fundraising page on JustGiving. Choose the Starr Trust as your charity, and then personalise your page with photos, blogs and anything else that you think your supporters would like to see (and to tempt them to hand over their cash!)
- If you would rather, you can collect cash and bring it in to us, or send us a cheque once you have completed your fundraising. (Our address is at the bottom of this page). Just be sure to put your details on the envelope!
- Sponsor forms can be downloaded here, or call us on 01273 715882 and we will post you some.
- Remember you will raise up to 25% more money if your supporters tick the gift aid box on your sponsor form.
- Do let us know if you are planning a fundraising event and we will help you all we can. From collection buckets to contacting the local newspapers about your venture we will support you all the way.
- Social media is a great way to tell people what you are up to. Create a Facebook page for your fundraising and link it to your JustGiving page.
- Tell your supporters where their money will go - and that their change will change a local young person’s life.